Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rolling Victory Fast

Go here to read about Tanker Brothers Rolling Fast In honor of Mike Stokely and all our brave service members. And sign up for a day.


"I close by saying this - while others debated, Mike Stokely served. While others continue to debate, we, as a family, stand committed to the service Mike Stokely gave his country and the principles of peace and freedom he found just causes worth dying for. Mike Stokely would do it all over again even knowing the eventual outcome of his own death. Mike Stokely wasn't a SGT York, or Audie Murhpy. He was just a kid next door who wanted to do his duty, and was willing to die for his country He was loved by his family, friends, and fellow soldiers. He has been sorely missed by all of us. WE will never forget his name, his service, and certainly we will never forget his eyes and smile.
Blessed and Proud to be the dad of SGT Mike Stokely E Troop 108th CAV 48th Brigade GA NATL GUARD US ARMY KIA by IED near Yusufiyah, south of Baghdad 16 Aug 2005 at approximately 2:20 a.m.
GOD BLESS the United States
Robert Stokely"
This is just part of the letter that Mr. Stokely sent out regarding his son service to our country. A verying touching read. Go here to read the rest.

Now I've heard people say that we should all leave poor Cindy alone, not criticize her. For shame after all DID lose a child. Well I have to say that losing a child must be the must be the most devastating tragedy you could go through. Having lost a parent and other family members I know how awful it can be. I've never lost a child. I think I would probably want to die myself if I did. I am completely amazed by Mr. Stokely, who has to be devastated by the loss of a child. But stands by his son and his sons life choices. Anyway read Mike Stokelys story over at Tanker Brothers. Get a few tissues first though. Have a good day all.

No comments: