Wednesday, December 13, 2006

All I want for Christmas

Anyone who knows me knows I support our troops 110% Each year I get asked what I want for Christmas. I never have an answer. I always say something smart like world peace (through superior fire power of course) :)- Well here's my list. I received an email with these 2 requests. So if anyone wants to know what to get me for Christmas, here it is. Please help out something very dear to me-Our Troops.... Thank you VERY much.

PART 1

As seen on Tanker Brothers
Help Our Soldiers- The Michigan National Guard 1-182FA needs community donations to get our soldiers home from Ft. Dix, New Jersey for Christmas. These brave men are back in the country for the holiday season before they head back to Iraq in January. They are looking for donations. These Donations will be used to pay for bus transportation from and to Ft. Dix. Donations can be sent to:

Peoples Trust Credit Union
24333 Lahser Road
Southfield, MI 48033

Mark your donations: "A-BTRY 1-182FA SECFOR FRG"

FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFO PLEASE CONTACT: 182FRG@COMCAST.NET

Brat's email to the Govenor of Michigan:
I was shocked to be told that OUR troops cannot even afford to make it to their families for Christmas. These heroes have already served their country in Iraq, and will return in January to Iraq. Yet they cannot find affordable transportation home. Doesn’t that strike you as inappropriate treatment of America’s finest?

I am asking YOU as Governor of Michigan WHY these heroes are not being taken home to their families at State expense. They serve America, and yet they are reduced to begging for donations? Does this sound appropriate to you? I may be Canadian, but it surely doesn’t sound right to ME.

I did some research of my own, and it seems to me that the State of Michigan could easily hire a few Greyhound busses to get these brave heroes home. I understand Greyhound would love the business.

I really hope you will be able to tell me that you, personally, have taken care of this matter in a timely fashion. Christmas IS just around the corner. These fine heroes have made it to American soil from the depths of the war zone of Iraq. They are now so close to their families, but can’t afford the final leg of their journey.

Upon receiving YOUR assurances that you, personally, will see these heroes home, before they redeploy in January, I will be happy to post that on our milblog too.

May you have a blessed Christmas, knowing that you have done the right thing by America’s heroes.
Thank you.

(Brat)

PART 2

...need help.
I have heard that there are young families at Ft Hood who are in desperate need
for 'stuff' by Christmas. As of today, at least 3 young families need 'luxury'
items like toys for very young children, 'sleepers' for 6 month old, baby car
seat, silly putty, gift cards etc... etc etc.It is a long list I have for these
families on base. Too long to post here.

Please send an email to: Tankerbrosbrat @ gmail.com (remove spaces before & after @) if you can help. Thanks

No comments: