Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Wall

This weekend the scaled down version of The Wall was here. I have a feeling of sadness settling over me. A vague feeling of anger. I can't explain. I want to yell , scream & cry all at the same time. I want to go back in time. I want to be there facing up to those damn spitting protesters. I want to spit too. But not at the soldiers who were doing what they were asked to do. I want to spit at the protesters. My heart is breaking over the fact that those men were mostly drafted. Most probably didn't want to go to war. But they did it. They didn't run off to Canada, they did it.

I wanted to touch everyone of those crosses. Say the names, sending out little vibes that someone some where was still thinking of them. That they're not forgotten. That someone was still hoping that they will come home. We still remember you.

No comments: